Thursday, April 22, 2010

C-section

So... as I draw nearer to having these babes the daunting question as to how they will be brought into this world keeps crossing my mind. It's honestly one of those things that I will end up not having much of a say in because it all depends on the babies! Through my entire pregnancy, and currently, "baby A" is breech and "baby B" is head down. I've been hoping and hoping that "baby A" will turn but he hasn't yet. And as my belly gets bigger and bigger I fear there is less and less room for him to even be able to turn. I don't have a scheduled c-section as of now. And it's been made known to my Doctor that it's the last way I want to give birth. So we are just waiting to see what the future holds. We had a Doctor's appointment yesterday and it was great. Everything is perfect. But I was told if I deliver before 36 weeks it would for sure be by c-section. As Dave and I discussed a c-section after our appointment I seriously started to stress myself out which resulted in lots of tears! :( The biggest reason I really want to refrain from a c-section is because I'm a big baby and I'm terrified of having surgery. Never in my life have I had to make a visit to the hospital! My worst injuries consist of my older brother punching me in the gut, or bloody noses, or sprained ankles! Things that are so miniscule! So the thought of all of a sudden having to go in for MAJOR surgery scares me to death. I know that in the end it won't matter... because having these babes here safe and healthy really is the only thing that's important. I know I'll be fine... and if it happens to be the way I deliver I'll look back and wonder why I made such a big deal out of it. But I'd still appreciate any advice or words of comfort from those mothers out there who have delivered by c-section. Whether it was scheduled or emergency. How did it go? Do I really have that much to fear? What was your experience like? I feel like the more I hear about others experiences the more I'll be reassured! :)

6 comments:

Sarah Hunt said...

I think I gave you and Dustee every last detail of my c-section. Mine was emergency and still went so smoothly. I as well was terrified, well beyond terrified. But it just went so well and Zealand was here safe and I didn't even think about anything else. But I don't mean to make c-sections seem like no big deal but really it went so well even w/the doctors and nurses in a crazy hurry and if yours is scheduled I'm sure it will be just perfect. My friend Jessica has two babies who were both scheduled c-sections and she loves them. and my scar is only about 3 inches. anyway I'm going to stop blabbing. call me or we can chat about it when i come visit you. Next week? k. I love you! don't worry lil' mamma! The most important thing is your babies are so healthy! hooray!

Sierra Danielle said...

Car! My sis had a c-section and said it was great. I don't think you should worry! The scar is tiny, and recovering was not much longer than a natural birth. Plus now she can schedule her next pregnancy's to the exact date. I know you will be fine! You're a tough girl, I can tell already just by carrying those babies!

Mrs. Micek said...

Hey hun, I had Kendall by C-Section because her head was wedged under my rib making it impossible for her to turn, and it wasn't bad at all.. I freaked myself out beyond belief and it wasn't anything like I thought it would be. It didn't hurt at all and my scar is way tiny now. It went super smooth and the recovery wasn't bad at all either. It's nothing to be scared about I promise. I actually have a book that you should read about C-Sections and what to expect before and after!! Let me know when I can run it to you!! :)

The Searle Family said...

Car Car, it is harder in your situation that you already have the c section as a option. Honestly, I am the biggest baby too and I actually loved having a c section. I know that sounds weird, but after being in labor for 24 hours without dilating, I was actually excited to hear those words! I know its freaky when you really think of your body being torn open and even more after I saw the pictures, but it is great. You lay there in no pain at all and you feel like you want to sleep you are so relaxed. I know it's sad you don't get the whole birthing experience, but its cake:) You don't have to do any work, right? The recovery is a little rough, but every week you feel better and better. Then with the rest of your pregnancies its kinda nice knowing you can schedule when you are going to deliver and be prepared. Sorry this is long, I just like this subject and like talking to people about it to hear their experiences too. Whatever happens, I know that when you are there knowing you are going to deliver your babies, you will get an extra strength that you didn't know you have because you are just so excited and would do anything to get them here. I love you and can't wait to see those cuties.

Peter, Heidi, and Nixon said...

I had an elective c-section. I was worried that my vag wasn't going to go back to the same size and I wasn't going to enjoy sex anymore. I researched a ton about c-sections and having your vag go back to normal ( which most do ), but most wasn't going to cut it with me, so I opt for the c-section and it was the best decision I made! It was nice to just walk into the hospital, get your IV in, talk to the anesthesiologist for a couple minutes, talk to your doctor and then walk down to the room lay down and within about 15 minutes your are holding your sweet baby. It was the best experience! Recovering ( for me ) wasn’t all that big of a deal. I was walking a little bit by the end of the day. You do have to take it easy for a few weeks, but other then that you will heal pretty quickly. The scar is where your underwear hits so you can't even see it and mine is like 4 inches long.

If you have any questions. Let me know!

The Richards said...

Hey! You don't know me but I'm frineds with Kim Peterson and she asked me to read your post. I had twin boys almost a year ago. I had a scheduled c-section (baby A was feet first, so I didn't have the option for a normal delivery). It ended up being a great experience and looking back I wouldn't change anything. The best thing for me was getting information so that I felt comfortable with both delivery options. Anyway, if it would help you in anyway knowing anything about my pregnancy, delivery, or life with twins you can either email me or leave a comment on my blog. Good luck!
mhrichards.blogspot.com
mindy@coleclan.com