Thursday, April 8, 2010

29 weeks

I'm currently in my 29th week of pregnancy. We had a Doctor's appointment on Tuesday and I'm happy to say everything is going really well! The babies both weigh a little over 2 lbs right now. One is head down while the other is breech. I'm really hoping breech baby will turn around at some point! Their heartbeats are still as good as they get! My cervix was checked for the first time since being in the hospital and it hasn't shortened at all since then! Still at 1cm so I'm really happy about that! It makes me feel a million times more comfortable! Unfortunately one of my glucose tests came back with barely higher than normal results so I had to refrain from food for 8 hours in preparation of another test. Wednesday morning Dave and I woke up bright and early and made our way to the hospital. They drew my blood upon arrival. I had to drink a super sugary drink. And then remain at the hospital for 3 more hours so they could draw my blood every hour :( And I couldn't eat during any of that either! No food + lack of sleep + getting blood drawn 4 times = a pretty unhappy pregnant woman. I did a pretty good job though and I think even Dave will admit he was surprised at how pleasant I was during the whole process. When we got home I fell dead asleep for a good two hours. Felt great! Let's hope my test results come back with good results! I really don't want gestational diabetes!

Also, my brother Aaron and his wife Nichelle are expecting. They found out that their baby is a boy and I'm so excited! Our twins will only be a few months older than their baby so I'm super excited that they will be close in age and hope that they will grow up being friends :)

2 comments:

The Family said...

That is awesome Carly! Keep it up! Let me know if you need some Cafe Rio! :) Give your boys a squeeze for me :)

Mrs. Micek said...

That is so cute!! It's fun to have babies close together! I'm glad to hear your doing well, hears to hoping your test results come back good! :)

YAY!!!