Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Parade of homes, a derby, a wedding, and my thoughts on summer.

That's a long title for this post! First things first. We did the Parade of Homes this summer and it was awesome. We do it every summer but I think this summer was our favorite so far. We saw so many houses that we loved. It's fun to look at houses because even though moving into a house is a couple years down the road for us, it gives us a really good idea as to what we like. I think as far as our first home goes, we found our dream home. And as far as our dream home... I think we found that too. I love it and I'm excited to go next summer.

This last weekend was a busy one. Our group of friends went to the South Jordan derby. We've gone every year for the past 3 years and we always have lots of fun. Hopefully something we can plan on every summer.






My best friend since 4th grade got married. Not only has Chelsea been my best friend since 4th grade but she was the 1st friend I made when my family moved to Sandy from Arizona. We were in the same 4th grade class, and on my first day, which was in the middle of the school year, they weren't prepared for me and didn't have a desk for me to sit at. So my teacher asked little Chelsea if she would so kindly share her desk with me until I received my own. So for about a week we squashed ourselves together at a little desk. Isn't that a cute story about how we became friends? I think so ;) Her wedding was so beautiful and so much fun. I loved it.







And lastly... I'm really looking forward to fall. That is something I never thought I'd say. Summer has been my favorite season since forever, but summer just isn't the same as it once was. Back in middle and high school it was nothing but hanging out with friends, sleepovers every night, and going to the pool all day every day. Now... it's kinda just like normal life, but warmer! I think I see my friends more during the regular school year, because everyone isn't vacationing. Never have sleepovers. And the pool is still awesome, but instead of getting my tan on, I actually get in the pool and play with my children. And we usually last an hour and half before we go home. Aside from those things... it's just chaotic. I'm such an organized person and I really like having order and structure to my life these days. I like to plan on things and if my plans turn out differently I become a tad bit irritated. Summer is fun loving and easy going which is great, but I feel like 3 months is all I can handle. I feel like life is easier when I can just plan on going to school and being at home Mon-Thurs. And I can plan on having a nice break and hopefully see some friends and family over the weekend. I can plan on going to the gym, without getting phone calls from friends to hang out, and then dropping my plans to go to the gym because I'd totally rather hang out with friends. I feel like when I'm more organized and fun, fun, fun, isn't the only thing on everyone's minds I'm more capable of getting things done and accomplishing my goals. It's just nice and orderly. This summer has been so busy, and fun of course, but I'm just ready to bring on the fall.

No comments: