Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Celebrating 2 years.

It's fun to look back on the last two years of our marriage and see just how far we've come. We've had lots of good times. And some hard/challenging times. We love doing new things together. We laugh together a lot. And we know how to have a great fight. Through it all, we have made it to 2 years, and we are happy :) For gifts this year Dave was cute and stuck with the theme, cotton. He gave me two pairs of skinny jeans, and I love them. I on the other hand, did something a bit different. I gave Dave this!


This beautiful work of art is hanging in our living room now. I love it, love it, love it. I stare at it all day long. Dave loves it too :)


For our anniversary I really wanted to do something we don't do on a regular basis. Both our parents are awesome and helped us out so we could go out and celebrate.


First, we went to a really nice dinner at Fleming's.


After dinner Dave had his last softball game of the summer, so we had to go. And then we spent the night child-free, which is always nice. And then... we woke up early in the morning to go horseback riding! It was so much fun. I'm so glad we took the time to go out and do some really nice, fun things together.


This was my horse... Navajo.

And Dave's horse... Hammer.


Here's to 2 years! More good times, more challenges, more laughs, more children, and many more years of marriage to come!

P.S. The best thing about having a night away from your children... is coming back home to them! Dang we missed our babies! They are the best!

2 comments:

Drew and Brandi said...

Congrats! Love your gift to Dave! Beautiful!

Greg and Sarah said...

we share the same anniversary! it's a good one! :)