Sunday, March 28, 2010

Unprepared

Ugh. As we draw closer and closer to actually having two more bodies living here in this apartment with us I just get more and more anxious and feel less and less prepared. Is this normal??? We have this "to do" list and it's so frustrating to have to sit here and not be able to cross anything off of it myself! Poor Dave has to do majority of it. He works, takes care of me, and at the end of the day I think he seriously wants to just sit. But I sit instead and bark orders, like, "Put the crib together", "Clean that", "We need this", etc... It's really hard sometimes. Things are slowly gettting done. But there's still SO MUCH to be done! Tomorrow is the start of my 28th week. I feel confident in saying that I don't think the babes will come in the next two weeks. But once I hit 30 weeks... I just know I will be filled with anxiety because at that point, I honestly feel like there is no telling when they will come! Two weeks to get things done so I can feel like we're prepared! Ahhhhh! I think I've learned a lesson though... babies are the type of thing you should be prepared for way in advance! Especially in case the scenario turns out as mine has! Complete craziness. Good thing I know everything will work out just fine in the end! :)

2 comments:

Mrs. Micek said...

It will drive you crazy if you think of all the things you need before the babies come. As long as you have the crib, and some clothes and diapers, you'll be okay. People will help you out with gifts and other little things. Don't stress too much! It will all work out. Let me know if I can help hun! I'd love to give some insight as to what you need verses what you DONT... :)

Kameron and Janzyn said...

You are totally fine and it is normal to feel the way you do. When those babies get here your motherly instincts will kick in turbo gear and all will work out. Please let Kam and I know if there is anything we can do, whether it be picking something up for you guys or setting something up. We can do it and are more than willing to help. Love you guys!! We are so excited for you both. Those babies are lucky to be coming into your lives. What great parents you will be.