Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Livin' at Alta Pines

Last night I really wanted to take a bath tub. I haven't had one in forever. Sadly... our bath tub has one too many problems that have been preventing me from doing so. Our plug is too large for the drain. When you put it in it slowly comes back out. I kept complaining about how badly I wanted a bath so Dave finally helped me out. He took a knife to our plug and cut all around it to make it smaller for the drain. Problem fixed. Next problem: The bath tub handle that switches the water from the shower head to the bath is broken. Dave said I'd just have to fill up the tub with the shower head. Problem fixed. I finally had my bath! Afterwards though, as the plug was being pulled from the drain... the plug broke. And remained stuck in the drain. Dave had to put his huge muscles into use and remove it. Phew! I would have never thought taking a bath would be such challenging work! I tell myself and Dave almost everyday that Alta Pines will only make us so much more grateful for when we have a nicer place one day! One where I can take a bath. Where we don't have to constantly complain about how our hot water runs out so fast. Where our dishwasher doesn't sound like it's literally eating our dishes. Where our refrigerator doesn't smell bad. Where our heating doesn't quit on us. Where we have door knobs! Where our mail actually gets delivered to us. Where we can have pets. I could name a ton more things! (Sigh) I'm looking forward to that place already. Until then... we remain here at Alta Pines :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

rent free baby! Hang in there cur! It'll all be worth it someday! (I have to remind this to myself all the freaking time!) :)