Thursday, August 13, 2009

Welcome to our home

"The shit bomb" is what Dave has nicknamed our new, lovely, little apartment that we will shortly be moving into. And sadly... this nickname is not far from the truth. Dave's grandpa owns these apartments and he is kind enough to let his grandchildren live there once married... for FREE! What an awesome way to help us get on our feet! We are seriously so thankful for this opportunity! Originally, we were going to move into a one bedroom. But we received awesome news that there was a two bedroom available, if we were willing to re-paint it and wait until new carpet was laid down. This last week my life has consisted of work, and then paint. It's been great :) You wouldn't think it would be such a chore, but seriously. This place is a "shit bomb." I told Dave we should permanently name it that. I'm sure some of you remember the "Party palace?" When we would go to hang out it was like... "Hey, let's go to the party palace!" or the "PP." Now me and Dave can invite people over and say something like, "Hey! Come over to hang out at the shit bomb!!" haha. (I think it would be funny but Dave doesn't think so.) Anyway! I have never seen an apartment left so ridiculously GROSS! The walls were literally covered in who knows what... food on the ceiling... gum on the base boards... leaking from the ceiling... etc. No worries though, when we are through with this place it will look AMAZING!!! I'm so excited to continue working on it just so we can finally see the end result! This is our first home together so it's very exciting... and because of that... I absolutely LOVE our little "shit bomb." :)

The living/dining area
The guest room
Our room!
The kitchen

4 comments:

Katie said...

HOLY FREAKIN HANNAH! I leave the country for a week and miss SOO MUCH! Congratulations Car!!! That is SOOOOOOO stinking fun! Way to be adventurous and spontaneous. Seriously - kudos! Well I can't wait to see photos! Love you!

Jennie B. said...

I love the shit bomb and with new paint and carpet, it will be the classiest shit bomb you've ever seen! You better be having some showers so you can fill that place with some cute good stuff!

the winegars said...

Try living in a one bedroom with a 4 month old. At least you have 2 rooms. Maybe Ryder can come and sleep in your spare room at night and we'll come and get him in the mornings. Talk about birth control.

The Family said...

I cant believe that all you had to do was paint and get NEW freakin carpet!!! I had to wait a bloody 3 and a half years and then move in while i was 6 months pregnant with OLD carpet and paint! What the freak! I guess we know who the favorites are!!!! lol