Tuesday, August 11, 2009

ELOPEMENT!!!!

Where to start....? Well, Dave and I attended my brother's wedding in May (of course.) Being there for everything I couldn't help but think... this is so much TIME, EFFORT, STRESS, etc... to go into ONE day! At my brother's rehearsal dinner we happened to sit with my mom's friend Mary Kay and her husband! Through talking with them, we found out they had eloped when they got married! They told us their story and it sounded so wonderful! For awhile... Dave and I joked about how we would elope. Well, our joking around finally turned into a reality! We decided we would go for it! We booked hotels, got a photographer, contacted a Bishop from San Diego... everything! 2 days before we left Dave broke the big news to his parents and grandparents! We were pleasantly surprised with the reactions! Everyone was very supportive. The day we left I actually gave a card with a poem in it to my little sister, to give to my mom after we left! After a bit of a shock... my mom and sister flew down to San Diego so they could be there. Dave's brother and sister-in-law came as well! It was so super fun to just run off! :) It was so relaxing and stress free... I seriously don't think I would ever do it a different way! Our small group was so fun! This blog might go on forever.... so I will just cover the highlights!!!

  • Left Wednesday, drove to St. George and stayed the night with Dave's Aunt and Uncle.
  • Thursday, we made our way to San Diego. And of course, stopped to ride the Desperado on the way :)
  • We got in to San Diego, checked into our hotel, and immediately left to go meet with the Bishop who was going marry us! Then we went out to eat!
  • Friday, we ate breakfast @ a cute place right in the Marina. We went to La Jolla beach and surfed for 2 hours! Neither of us got up... and we both got FRIED!!! :(
  • We then went to get our Marriage License! Then we ate @ Anthony's!
  • We met up with our families who were there that night and ate @ Buon Apetito in Little Italy!
  • Saturday, we went to the farmers market in Little Italy. And then ate breakfast!
  • From there, we ran around and got some last minute things at the store so we could get ready!
  • My mom and sister came to our hotel to help me do my hair. They even bought cute flowers and made me a boquet!
  • We headed to Coronado Beach! Picked out our spot. Changed. And sealed the deal!!!!!
  • Took lots of AWESOME pictures on the beach!!
  • Had a lovely dinner after the ceremony with our family that came!
  • Sunday, we headed to Vegas. We hit up the shark reef @ the Mandalay Bay! And then ate at the buffet!
  • We then spent the night in a suite @ the Venetian!
  • And we headed home Monday!!!!


It was oooooohhhhhh so much fun! I can't believe I'm married now! It's one of those surreal things! We had a blast! We are so thankful for our family that came down on a whims notice! And for all the love and support from everyone! It's seriously been so great! I'll post pictures soon! :)

5 comments:

Greg and Sarah said...

good for you guys! wedding stress sucks! congrats!!!!

Drew and Brandi said...

Sounds silly but I am so stinking proud of you guys! Way to do what you want to do when you want to do it! ha ha IT IS YOUR DAY as everyone says! Sounds awesome! My SIL eloped and sent us an e-mail that night-hilarious!

Congrats!

Anonymous said...

yay! I love you guys! Congrats again!

Mrs. Micek said...

CONGRATS!!!!! Seriously best thing you could have done!! Weddings are ridiculous and way too stressful!

the winegars said...

You left out the best part... getting to have sex. Love you Car and Dave!