Thursday, September 8, 2011

Sad day :(

When Trey and Easton were born and Easton was taken to the NICU, I of course cried and cried and couldn't stop crying. At one point I told my mom I just wanted someone to tell me what was wrong and that he was going to be ok so I could stop worrying. And then my mom said, "Carly, you're a mother now. You will never stop worrying." And boy did she make a good point! It's true!

A few weeks ago Dave noticed that Trey had what he thought was a hernia. We took him to our pediatrician and sure enough... he had not one hernia, but two! So we quickly scheduled surgery at Primary Children's and have been playing the waiting game ever since. I've dreaded this day since we knew it was coming.

Today we woke up at 5:00 in the morning and journeyed up to Primary's. The whole way up I kept telling Dave how lucky we are to live so close to such an amazing and well recognized facility. Primary's and University Hospital are AMAZING!!!! Don't you all think we are so lucky??? :)

We did all that dreadful sitting and filling out paper work and more sitting and finally it was time for Trey to go in for his surgery. It's so devastating to watch your sweet little baby be taken away by the Doctor. Trey was sad but I knew he was in good hands so I was ok.

A quick hour later he was done and he was so good! He handled surgery and all the medications like a champ! We were discharged about 45 minutes after surgery and I was so happy to be able to come home.

Our families are the best ever. We had so much help all day long! Dave's mom came over at 5:30 in the morning so Dave could come up with us and support us until he had to go to school. When I got home Dave's sister Lisanne took Easton off my hands so Trey and I could catch up on our sleep. When she brought Easton home we were still asleep so she just changed his diaper and put him down for a nap, and we all napped some more! Later in the evening my mom brought us Cafe Rio for dinner. Lisanne watched Easton again... just so we could catch a break. And then Dave's mom came back over to bring us a whole box of diapers, groceries, some new PJ's, and Elmo DVD's! Holy cow! We are so lucky that we both have such great families who love us and love Trey and Easton so much. Not to mention... Dustee is coming over tomorrow morning to help me out while Dave is at school. We are beyond grateful for all the help :)

Since being home things have been fine. More difficult than usual, but that's what we were expecting. Trey is quite irritable, and Easton wants to know why his brother seems to be a completely different person and why mom and dad aren't paying as much attention to him as they are to Trey. We are on the road to recovery, and excited for Trey to start feeling better and get back to his normal self :)


5 comments:

Cara Short said...

Look at that brave boy! Car I am happy to watch the boys on Monday like usual and I can bring Peyton to your house so Trey will be comfy and you can get a little break. Let me know :)

Drew and Brandi said...

So glad all went well. He is adorable as ever in those little hospital jammers.

Ali and Andrew Hyde said...

You know if your kid looks adorable in those hospital clothes that he is FREAKING adorable!!! Glad things are getting better! Don't you love it when grandparents show up with a box of diapers- never thought I'd be so grateful! Ha!

Ellie said...

Car! AH, I just love you so much. I am so sorry you had to go through such a scary event but I am sooooo happy everything went well. You are amazing! Trey looks AAAAdorable in his little hospoital clothes - melts my heart!

Jake and Kim said...

aww that is so hard Carly. Austin had surgery at PCMC too, when he was 8 months old. And we have the same picture of him in his little hospital pajamas! It really is devastating to watch someone carry your baby away from you. Hope he continues to recover and get back to playing in no time!!