Saturday, June 19, 2010

Getting to know the boys

As his mother, I know I'm biased. But I think he's so stinkin' cute :) Trey has been a real treat to have at home. What a sweet, sweet baby boy. He is truly such an easy baby and for that I am so thankful. I can honestly say he is just so content except for when he needs his diaper changed, or wants to be fed. Other than those two things... we never hear him make a fuss. Hopefully I haven't spoken too soon! ;) Anyway, I love having him home and being able to spend time with him and just watch him as he grows. Dave and I laugh at him lots. We love him.


As for Easton... we need more pictures of him :( I'll admit I feel a little cheated out of getting to know him :( I don't blame anyone. He is sick and needs to be in the NICU. His infection is getting better and better. He is only on antibiotics now. No more oxygen. No more feeding tube. We recently found out that one of the massive lumps on his head is NOT a dermoid cyst. It is fluid and they don't know what it is. They did a MRI this week and it was determined that the fluid is not interfering with his brain, which is great. As it continues to grow they seem to get more concerned so this morning they decided to drain it. Kinda scary but I'm glad because once that is taken care of all we have to do is wait on his antibiotics to run their course and then he gets to come home! Like I said before, I feel like I don't know Easton quite as well as Trey yet. But the nurses up at the U adore him. Every time we visit they comment on how sweet and easy he is. So I'm hoping he and his brother are alike... both just easy little babies! Maybe that is the reward for having two at once ;)
Poor baby Easton's MRI

3 comments:

l.k. said...

Oh car... your babies are both adorable. i feel so luck to have already seen and met both of them. i'm glad everything is getting better. keep us updated :)

Cara Short said...

Car!
i love his cute little wrinkled arms! he is adorable! i love him already!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to meet them both! Love you all!