Wednesday, May 19, 2010

35 weeks

So great to be here! I can't believe that in 2 more weeks I'll be full term for twins. There's pretty much no telling when these babes will decide to come. It could be any day now! I had a Doctor appointment yesterday and it we were given some unfortunate news :( Everything is actually really well. The only bad thing was that my blood pressure was high so they kept me there for 6 hours to do testing to see if I have preeclampsia. And the worst of the worst about it... they didn't let me eat the whole time! I had to do a non-stress test again and both babies are doing so well. Aside from that it was discovered that I am contracting quite a bit. They are very small and I can't feel them but they come pretty frequently. My body is practicing for the real thing!!! After that I had to have blood drawn and do urine tests. It took forever to get the results back. At this time they were still monitoring my contractions and then they did a cervical exam to make sure they weren't actually making my cervix dilate. I am still effaced at about 70%... which is 1 cm. Exactly where I was at 24 weeks! Our tests eventually came back and thank goodness everything was negative! But they still sent me home to do a 24 hour urine test. In which for 24 hours I had to collect my urine and... this is the best part... store it in our refrigerator!!! haha. Huge pain in the butt. Kinda funny though. Hopefully our results from that will come back negative as well! If not... the most likely thing to happen is I will be induced! Preeclampsia makes your internal organs swell. And the only known way of getting rid of it... is by not being pregnant any more! Seeing as how I've come quite far in this pregnancy they will probably just get the babies out! Kinda exciting to think about. Although I hope that's not the outcome. Oh.... so crazy. I can't believe in less than a month I will have two babies here with me! Yes, very grateful to be returning my jug of urine to the hospital. TMI??? ;)

2 comments:

Chris and Marissa said...

Crazy Carly! I can't wait to see your cute boys!!!

Jake and Kim said...

Finally the moment we've all been waiting for is almost here!! haha can't WAIT to see those babies!