Friday, February 25, 2011

Juno

Since I can remember I have always been a dog lover. All through elementary school a dog was all my siblings and I wanted. And when I was in 4th grade... we finally got our dog. It was the night of my 4th grade recorder program. My family was getting ready to leave our house when someone knocked on the door. There were our neighbors with sweet Juno, telling us she had been at Macy's grocery store in a box with other puppies, being given away for free. We were all on our knees begging and begging to keep her and our parents finally gave the go ahead. The rest is history... she was a crazy puppy. She ate/destroyed literally everything in sight. She constantly escaped our backyard and we would spend hours chasing her through the neighborhood. We would have her pull us down the street on our rollerblades. She jumped on the trampoline with us. As she matured she became a dog whom we enjoyed taking on walks and loved very much. Old age hit her quickly and we soon realized it was time for her to go. Last night she was put down. It was really hard to say goodbye to Juno. She was a part of our family for 14 years. As hard as it was I am glad that she isn't in pain or suffering any more. I left my parents house last night feeling gratitude for having had her as a dog. And feeling hopeful that one day we will have dogs of our own, and Trey and Easton and other children to come will grow up knowing what it's like to have pets, and know the joy that they bring into the home :)

1 comment:

Mandy Poulsen said...

Oh Car that's so hard I'm sorry! I definitely have my fair share of memories of Juno! Including the first time I ever came over to your house haha. I think we all remember that story! Love dogs they are certainly the best!