Thursday, October 20, 2011

My Pinterest addiction.

I am obsessed. I love logging into Pinterest so I can pin away. My board filled with the most stuff... is junk food. Sadly. But with the holidays here and parties to attend left and right who isn't making treats every other day? I have used several Pinterest ideas in the last month and they are all awesome. Compliments are handed out way too graciously and I have to remind everyone that I'm really not that cool or crafty, I simply copied someone else's idea. So... here are the things I have done...

The first thing I did was a kit-kat cake for my step-dad. He loves kit-kats so when I saw this cake I knew I had to make it for him.
After my step-dad's Birthday my family voted me in as the Birthday cake maker. My mom's Birthday was coming up so I asked her what she wanted. She said, red velvet, elegant, and delicate. So I found a red velvet trifle cake. So good.


I then came upon the "Green Monster" smoothie, which I had heard about but never really looked into. I made the smoothie I found and I've made it almost every day since. Awesome.


We had some new neighbors move in right next door. So I made them the chocolate chip cookie/oreo/brownie treat. I'll admit... this one didn't turn out to be the best, only because I didn't do it properly. Still super yummy. I can only imagine what it's like when it's done correctly. Hopefully our neighbors liked it.


And lastly.. our apartment complex had a Halloween party for all the little kids. Everyone was asked to bring a treat so I did the spider-web cupcakes. So much fun.




Pinterest is the best. I love being able to take things to parties now. It's so much fun to look up anything for a party and be able to find something that will meet your needs. Love love love it. If you aren't on Pinterest already, you should jump on the bandwagon :)

No comments: